May 18, 2015

Sephora Spring VIB Haul + Reviews

Sephora only has a sale twice a year, once in the April and the second time around November. You know when the sale rolls around, you have to take advantage of it! So of course I did some shopping as per usual but tried not to buy too many things as I don't truly *need* any of it. This haul consists mainly of value sets or things that I have wanted but waited until a sale to purchase!


The Sephora Favorites Time to Prime caught my eye since I have been looking at the Formula X Base Coat for more than 6 months but $10.50 is a little steep for one bottle of polish and also the Hourglass Mineral Veil that has been recommended by everyone who has used it! I actually tried out everything and realized that I much prefer my Etude House lash primer to the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I found that the Living Proof prime extender didn't make a noticable difference on my hair. I didn't notice any longer wear with either the hourglass primer nor the base coat. Hence, I will be returning this set.



 The Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer is a very different texture for an eye primer. Normally, they are thick like the cult favorite Urban Decay's Primer Potion or very thin like Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Primer and this one has a silicone feel to it, similar to the Benefit Porefessional. I do like it as it holds onto and enhances the opacity of eyeshadows all day, however, with my extremely oily lids, it does hold for 24 hours and begins fading (gradually) around the 16 hours mark.


The Time to Prime Kit was one of the last things I picked up and I had already purchased the Formula X Base Coat but I am not sure if I should try it out again because I used the base coat 4 times and each time the polish didn't last any longer than average with my Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Base Coat.



Since we're already on the topic of nail polish... The Sephora Instant Nail Polish Remover is a must-have! I picked it up a couple months ago and feel like the sponge is getting a bit dirty since I use it once or twice a week and share with my sister as well as make everyone who comes to my house try it! The part I dreaded the most about painting my nails was taking it off. This is your typical dip in nail polish remover and works wonderfully, I can get all my nail polish off in about a minute!


I'm not very sure why I always buy travel products when I never actually travel. I had thought these were mini (which always gets me) but when they came I was surprised by how large they actually are.


Living in California takes a toll on your lips. The weather fluctuates often, as it has recently so my lips have been extra dry and flaky so I figured the Bite Beauty 5 Night Fix for Lips was perfect if I didn't want to commit to full sizes of the Agave Lip Mask and the Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub
since I always hear amazing things about the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask as the most conditioning lip treatment you could use. Some have said the Bite Beauty Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub feels harsh at first but beneficial with the end result of smooth lips. It actually began to feel more of a gentle exfoliator since the top layer wore off. The lip mask, unfortunately did not work for me at all! I dislike the thick feeling of vaseline on my lips and this felt twice as thick and my lips were drier in the morning than when I put the lip mask on at night.


Kat Von D's Lip Vixen Duo attracted my eye with the vibrant brick red and soft pinky nude. The duo includes the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw and Studded Kiss Lipstick in Noble. I own the liquid lipstick in the cult favorite Lolita and love it. The liquid lipstick is very thin and dries very quickly but stays on lips all day. However, after 4 hours of wear, my lips are so dry and tight so I will put either a gloss or lip balm on to put some moisture back into my lips. I do also own Lolita in the Studded Kiss Lipstick and find it longwearing and not too moisturizing nor dry. I have tried Outlaw and absolutely love it! It is the perfect red with enough blue but still cherry red! I love the water-like consistency and the true matte lip that sets with no transfer. Noble has proved longwearing although it looks too much like concealer on my lips so I have been using it to lighten some of the lipsticks I own.



No flash and flash




Applied wet on left and dry after 2 minutes on right, flash on left and no flash on right.



I think I did fairly well in terms of getting items of good value and I am glad to have tried out these products that I always hear rave reviews about.