April 21, 2015

April 2015 Glossybox Unboxing!

I have been so excited to receive this package in the mail! I wanted to try out Glossybox for a month because I love the idea of a subscription box, not knowing what was to come and getting a surprise in the mail each month! I used to subscribe to Ipsy but I found that I wasn't using much of the products and I didn't like the limited products as it was just being established. I have seen positive reviews on Glossybox, especially their limited edition boxes. Speaking of, they just released their limited edition Mother's Day box which retails for $40 so more pricey than their classic Glossybox but the boxes are always designed beautifully and it shows each product included. I subscribed for a month and will be extending it based on this box. This came in the mail a couple of days ago, sorry about getting it up late! I had worked on this post and had gotten through half of it but the post was lost! :(

The box it is shipped in has a beautiful design, much prefer this to the hot pink fuschia bubble mailer. The comic style of this box is very unique and I've grown to like it as I stare at it more.







Ooh! Lipsticks are one of my favorite makeup products and this bag is too adorable! Inside was a discount card at ThuFri and contained almost $50 off which is always a bonus! The silk screening on this canvas bag is very thick and feels like great quality.


Overview of the April 2015 Glossybox
Overall Value: $120+


The most obvious product first would be of course the pop of color, the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Androgyne described as a psychedelic orange. I actually do not like orange at all and rarely ever wear orange, the closest I have gone is peach. I don't anticipate using this so I am just going to keep it unopened and pass it along. I looked on the website and saw that the other option was New Wave (hot pink) and I wish I had gotten that instead! Full sized & Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $18



Next I saw a rectangular box and I was hoping it was a brow product but it was Julep's Gel Eye Glider in Olive. This will be my first Julep product which I have seen included in many unboxings with decent reviews! I have actually been in search for a creamy green eyeliner to use on my waterline to make my brown eyes pop a little and this fits the bill. It took me a while to rub off this swatch (needed waterproof eye makeup remover) which is always a plus! Full sized & MSRP: $16.



I have actually been very curious about Aerin as I recently discovered the brand and am excited to get this perfume. Aerin Waterlily Sun smells like a very fresh floral perfect for the spring time. I absolutely love that this comes with a spray nozzle although it is a sample size as most come as rollerballs. The full size of this perfume retails for $110 with 1.7 fl oz. MSRP: $15


The next product I picked up was this Marrakesh Endz Argan and Hemp Oil Therapy. I always like to receive hair products in boxes as I don't venture too much into those products on my own. This smells very typical of Argan oil products and very sweet. Although the card states that this is a full size, it is actually the travel size and the full size retails for $17.99 at 4 fl oz. MSRP:$5.99.

This was the one product that I was aware was coming in the box since they sent out a sneak peek email and I have terrible dark spots from acne and I am hoping this lightens them. However, the hefty price tag of the Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Sport Correcting Night Serum makes me wary to even try it. I would value this at approximately $15 since it's $62/1 fl oz.



Now here is card stating the prices and details of the products. Hope you enjoyed! I loved this box with the exception of the OCC Lip Tar just due to color preference but I recognize this is a box meant to please many suscribers. I don't think I could have received a better first box. I will be suscribing for 6 months to Glossybox!