November 18, 2014

Lorac PRO Mascara Review

I recently purchased the Lorac PRO Mascara and wanted to share my thoughts. A little back story is that for the several years I’ve been wearing makeup, I never wore mascara. I was never able to find any that I liked very much (except the CoverGirl Lashblast Luxe Mascara which has been discontinued) and none held the curl of my lashes. Then came along the Lorac PRO Mascara.



From Lorac's website:
"LORAC PRO MASCARA
Go PRO with LORAC’S PRO Mascara! This lengthening and thickening professional formula is smudge-resistant, flake-proof and packed with PRO power. Get extra-long, ultra-thick and extremely dramatic lashes with each lash-extending buildable coat. The super-size, jumbo PRO brush easily grabs each lash from root to tip and corner to corner for a luxurious faux-lash look.
*PRO Mascara is Ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers."
**There is also a video tutorial done by Lorac Cosmetics for this mascara.


As you have seen by now, the wand on this mascara is tapered crazy big. I did find this a bit clumsy when I first tried this. It does have a bit of a learning curve so that you don't smear mascara all over your lid. I love it that it is able to grab every lash and actually does thicken and lengthen the lashes dramatically. I am able to build this mascara without my lashes looking spidery. I haven't seen any flaking or smudging even when I wear this for approximately ten hours. This is my favorite mascara so far, and the only I reach for daily.

The Lorac PRO Mascara was launched back in October of 2012. It retails for $23 USD and is sold at Lorac Cosmetics, HSN, Ulta, Kohl’s, Beauty.com, Zappos.com, Nordstrom, and Amazon (FYI, in order to sell on Amazon, you have to be a business and Lorac has referenced this page on Lorac's Official FB page so it is authentic). Out of these, Lorac Cosmetics, HSN, Zappos, and Nordstrom all offer free shipping. Now I am going to tell you that there are deals out there currently like the Lorac Rockin’ Red Hot Lashes Set which includes a Lorac eyelash curler and a Lorac PRO Mascara (this is from last year's holiday collection and is still available on Lorac's website) and the Lorac PRO Mascara Duo which I found at my local Kohl's but do not see on the Kohl's website. Ulta also has a FREE mini Lip Lustre Gloss with any Lorac purchase (offer valid 11/9/14-11/29/14 or while supplies last) valued at $10.